The best titles are successful because readers buy books that are recommended to them by people they trust. This couldn’t be more true for indie authors, who–without a big budget PR department behind them–survive and thrive by word of mouth alone.
That’s why I could use your help. If you liked any of my books or the articles on my blog, please tell your friends (and the world) about my writing. Some quick and easy ways to do this are outlined below. The impact you have on my writing career could be tremendous. Thanks in advance for your help!
Easy Stuff (1-2 minutes)
If you have a Twitter account, click on the graphic below to send a pre-crafted Tweet to your peeps. Simple!
It says: “I’m reading some great #crimefiction stories by Matthew Iden @CrimeRighter. Check him out at matthew-iden.com”
- “Like” my page at facebook.com/matthew.iden
- Share my site URL http://matthew-iden.com or my Amazon author page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00642SZQ
- Go to the Amazon page for any or all of my books and click the “LIKE” button next to the title. That’s it! If you have 30 more seconds, Share your Like using email, Twitter, or Facebook…the links are right there. My Amazon book links: A Reason to Live | Blueblood | One Right Thing
Medium Weight (10 minutes)
- Read and Comment on my blog. Conversations (especially about writing and reading) are good! If you write a blog, connect with me. If you comment on blogs, mention me. I’ll return the favor!
- Tag my books: Amazon searches rely partly on customer-created tags, small words you see at the bottom of a book’s page (see below). Either click in the checkboxes you agree with that are already there, or copy these tags (thriller, fast paced, suspense, crime, murder, mystery, action, kindle, great read) and paste them in the “Your tags:” input box. With enough of these, my titles become associated with those searches and I’m a happy camper.
Heavy Load (30 minutes)
Review my books on Amazon
Many professional and semi-professional review sites will not even look at a book if it doesn’t have a certain number of Amazon reviews with a minimum of 3.5/5 stars. So I can use your help here! Review my books with both a star rating and a thoughtfully written review.
Please be honest and objective: while I appreciate 5 stars reviews and glowing words, most readers and reviewers can spot a “shill” (subjective reviewer with a connection to the author) a mile away and discount these reviews.
Review my book on other sites
There are other great sites out there that readers use, like Goodreads and Librarything. Use the links below to go to the exact page on each site:
If you’ve done even just a few of these, you’ve been a huge help. Thanks for your support and encouragement!
p.s. The great idea for this page came from Mike Stelzer at Social Media Examiner. If you’re an indie author, you should check it out!